Cardio Tennis is a high energy fitness activity for adults that combines the best features of the sport of tennis with cardiovascular exercise, delivering the ultimate, full body, calorie burning aerobic workout. It is a very social and fun class for players of all ability levels taught by ATA professionals. ATA was among the first to offer Cardio tennis and it still remains one of most popular classes for ADULTS.
If you’ve never played tennis before it is a great way to be introduced to the sport and if you are an experienced high level tennis player it is the best way to train for tennis. Regardless of ability or fitness cardio tennis is designed to provide the ultimate workout for each person.
Benefits of Playing
- Participants are able to achieve their effective heart rate zones with ease because of the fun factor.
- You can burn more calories than singles or doubles and many other fitness options.
- Provides interval training scenario which is effective way to achieve heart health and fitness.
- It is a fun group activity where players of all ability levels enjoy tennis together.
- While you are “playing” tennis the primary focus is on getting a great workout.
- Fights the obesity crisis and offers a better fitness option for those who do not like to go to the gym.
A Typical Cardio Tennis Workout:
- 5-10 minute warm-up segment.
- 30-50 minute cardio segment.
- 5-10 minute cool down GAME.
A Few Details
- Each class will have a MAXIMUM of 8 people. (At times we may open up more spots).
- Participants are asked to register ONLINE. You will be able to register for MULTIPLE classes with one registration and the process is very SIMPLE and QUICK. Just click the REGISTER NOW button below, check off the class(es) you want and enter your email address. THAT’S IT!
- Each class requires a minimum of 4 participants.
- Cost: $20 per class
- Payment is to be made prior to the start of each class.
- Cardio #1 – Saturdays 9am-10am.
- Cardio #2 – TBD.